Sunday, January 21, 2007

Finally tried the Heidelberg climbing wall



Today I finally got aroud to visiting the new climbing wall in Heidelberg. New in the sense of 1 or 2 years old, I'm not too sure of the exact age, but I've been intending to go there for a while. The pic above is from their website, and doesn't do justice to the higher-than-average 12 metre wall - it's pretty impressive.

So anyway, today I went with Richard Schlenk, a friend and neighbour here in Oberdorfstrasse. The biggest surprise to me was that it's only a 5 minute cycle away, I hadn't realised that I live so close to a climbing wall!

Anyway, there's plenty to do there, routes from UIAA grade 3 to 9, though the 7's onwards are out of my range anyway. We kept to the lower grades today and had a lot of fun, I'm looking forward to going again soon.

Right now it's time to amuse Liam again, more soon.

No comments: