Friday, January 04, 2008

New Year, New Company, Old Job

I wisely took holidays up till Monday 7th January, so I can enjoy the full benefit of my children's colds. When I do go back I'll be working for sd&m AG rather than Capgemini Deutschland GmbH, and yet I'll be doing the same job.

The key to this conundrum is that the Telco unit, of which I am part has been integrated into sd&m, a more technology-focussed subsidiary of the Capgemini group. The integration has been going on for a few months, the official handover happened on 01.0.2008.

It's going to be an interesting time ahead, merging a consultancy unit into a bespoke software development company. My feeling is however that the two companies have more in common than they realise, and that it'll end up enhancing both portfolios. Time will tell.

In the meantime, I'm glad to say that my laptop has been specced up considerably from the Capgemini model. The minor downside is that I now have a German-language OS and Office apps.

No comments: